Sunday, January 4, 2009

Amazon vs. Ebay

Maybe I've had my head stuck in the sand or something, but I just discovered the ability to sell my gently used items on Amazon. And like eBay, sign up is free. I have been an eBayer for some time now and hated the listing fees, reserve auction fees, additional picture fees and even an extra fee to have the listing show in bold type all charged to you before the item even got to the listing page.

Well, all that is a thing of the past. Amazon provides all the pictures, descriptions and other product information necessary to list your items and best of all, YOU PAY NOTHING unless the item sells. You find the item in their listings, decide what price you would like to sell the item for and a few clicks later, your item is exposed to millions of Amazon.com customers. They also process the payment, collect a shipping fee and send you a check when your item sells. You can accept all forms of payment, including credit cards, because Amazon collects for you.

There are some limitations. If you sell previously worn items of clothing, I think you will have to stick with eBay. I am sure there are other items you can sell on eBay that can't be sold on Amazon, but they are sure worth the first look in my book.

So, the next time the wife complains about that leg lamp you bachelor buddies gave you, give Amazon a look.


No comments:

Post a Comment